“Developing talent is a business’s most important task” Peter Drucker – business guru
“Engaged employees work with passion and feel a profound connection to their company. They drive innovation and move the organisation forward” Gallup
“Engaged staff = increased productivity = improved corporate performance” Tony Delaney – Brownie Points
To ensure that they are truly motivated and engaged in your work place, your employees need to know the answers to the following questions. We call them the Ten Commandments of Engagement:
- What does your organisation do and why?
- What is the company vision and how is this promoted?
- What are the corporate values and how are they measured?
- Where is the company going and is it on track?
- What are your plans for getting there and how are you measuring them?
- What do you want from them to ensure the company succeeds?
- Where do they fit into the big picture?
- How will they know how they are performing against your targets?
- How they will learn, grow, develop and progress to ensure future success?
- What’s in it for them in terms of sharing the success?
“Continuous, supportive communication from managers, supervisors and colleagues is too often underemphasised. It is a major, major motivator.” Jim Moultrap, Perspective Group.
At Brownie Points we believe that if you adopt these commandments you are significantly more likely to have a highly motivated, engaged and committed team working towards your goals.
The potential benefits realised through reduced staff turnover, increased productivity, improved sales, innovation and cost savings ideas will have a major measurable impact on your business. The cost of not doing this could be devastating.
It you want to be recognised as an employer of choice in your industry, don’t delay. Start with these simple rules. It isn’t rocket science.
Tony Delaney, CEO Brownie Points. www.browniepoints.com.au